11 Users
2 Likes
20.4 K Views
NSH
 NSH
Topic starter
(@studio500)
Estimable Member

Hi, I decided to make use of the new inbuilt recaptcha feature that has been integrated into the latest wpforo update.

The trouble is, once I enter the required keys (V2) I cannot log into my site.

It appears that my login credentials are no longer valid and I get the message password empty.

If I remove the keys I can log in as normal using the same loin.

Also when the keys were active on one occasion I got a message stating : Google reCAPTCHA data are not submitted
Warning: Repeated login attempts that fail will result in a complete ban of your IP Address.

Obviously this is not a thing I want to see. I should also state that in that last event, the capture box was not visible.

The only way I am able to maintain access to my dashboard when the key is active, is by logging in to my admin panel in a different browser, i.e one session in explorer and one in firefox. That way if I am unable to login on firefox once I activate the keys and logout to test if the capture is working and I'm unable to log back in due to this issue, I at least still have admin panel access in my open explorer session.

Can I first check that I should b using V2 keys?

And if so, do I have to paste anything into my header as suggested on the google recaptcha page or is that taken care of with wpforo already?

Thanks

Marc

27 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please deactivate all other reCAPTCHA plugins, also please deactivate all plugins which control login proces, then insert keys (make sure you insert those correctly) and test it. If it works you can activate all deactivated plugins which don't have reCAPTCHA. i think this is a conflict, because wpForo reCAPTCHA works fine on dozens of our webistes.

(@capro)

As of this afternoon, I am having the same problem as Studio500 above, with the exception that I cannot login to my WP site at all! I either get the "ERROR: Invalid email address. Lost your password?" or when I try to get another password I receive this message: "Google reCAPTCHA data are not submitted." I am at my wits end what to do.

1 Reply
(@magma)

Same problem here. Once logged out error "Google reCAPTCHA data are not submitted." will be displayed. No chance to login.

I could solve the problem by…

1. deactivating wpforo plugin via ftp -> rename folder

2. wordpress > wpforo > Tools > "WordPress Login Form:" select yes (see attached screen)

3. via ftp -> rename folder back to original name

Now login is possible.

As an admin I would like to see login in without having reCaptcha on Wordpress Login Page.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Just open file system (FTP client or cpanel File manager) delete /wpforo/ folder in /wp-content/plugins/ .

Than login and install it again. You'll not loos any data. Also please explain what settings have you done in Forums > Tools >Atsipam > Google reCAPTCHA section of wpForo plugin? Have you set correct keys?

(@potomacbeat)

I am having exactly the same problem. Here is an error from my console

Page 1 / 6