Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] New members not getting password registration email

8 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@katavallo)

So.... *knocks on wood* I am hoping that this is one of my last major issues *fingers crossed*

I discovered that new users are not getting the confirmation "set your password" email after they register. I cannot figure out why this is happening because I receive emails about recent posts etc. from my admin email account to my personal email. 

I have had to manually set new user passwords, even on the tester accounts that I have tried registering with.

SOS. Send help and another pack of snacks. 

PS: @Sofy is secretly the best

7 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Well this has been talked so many times here. Emails, Registrations, Logins are handled by Wordpress core and not wpForo.

wpForo provides a "form" for them.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @katavallo,

First please make sure your emails don't go to the spam box. They are probably in spams.

The new user registration email is being sent by WordPress. If they don't find the email, please navigate to Dashboard > Forum > Settings > Features admin page and disable "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL" option. Then test it again.

If you still don't get emails, try the native WordPress user registration form, you can find it calling this URL:

https://yourdomain.com/ wp-login.php?action=register

5 Replies
(@eric1313)

@robert I'm running into this, as well. The forums are sending email, I get notifications when I create a new category, etc. But no registration confirmation. I totally understand that the emails are coming from Wordpress and not WPForo - how can I set them to Wordpress and turn off the WPForo? 

The WPForo sign up seems much better than the "Register for this site" WP option that I see: It has a name and email entry and that's it. That will be a last, last option unless I'm misunderstanding something. 

I've used so many email accounts testing this... I'm down to my last one (they can only be used once because trying to use the same email addresses repeatedly results in an error message "This email is already registered." And, THAT email is SwankPorterHouse@... I'm really at my next to last straw. 

A few of the things I've tried: 

Debugging says no issues found. (Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug > Errors & issues.)

Waiting an hour to make sure that they aren't stuck in a cache, plus I've turned off spam plugins.

Testing on an incognito browser.

The test subscriber email is NOT the same one used for the website or forum.

Maybe a dozen other things... 

I hate being THAT GUY and going to customer service every time something needs to be figured out, but I really won't find my way out of this otherwise. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@eric1313,

Please read my post above and do all those.

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@eric1313

An easy way to fully debug this is to install (for a while or permanently) a smtp mailer plugin, like this

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

with full logs enabled in the mail transactions.

That way you will see what happens with your mail. If it is delivered, or not, flagged, rejected or whatever.

This is the best way.

(@eric1313)

@anonymous20 This is what I'll try next... I don't want to use the WP Native registration form. It's unprofessional and weak. The mail is being delivered... I'm getting notifications and mentions and so forth. For example, this mention came with an email. Emails are happening. Unless they are connected in any way to registration. Then they're not happening. 

They're not in the spam folder, and the "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL" switch has no visible effect. I could (and probably am) missing something, but I just can't seem to track whatever it is down. Registration emails were coming in once, by the way. A test registration from earlier worked fine. But, they've stopped working. 

I'll try to set up WP Forms and use that instead. I have to assume that the WPForo registration process is buggy, at least on my end. (You don't have to know this, I'm just mentioning it for other people with the same problem.) 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@eric1313,

I just suggest use the native WordPress registration for to see if it works or not. If it doesn't work the problem in your website/hosting/plugins. If it works the problem in wpForo.