Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] No Access is still showing parts of the forum.

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

I am unable to provide a URL as site is still in stage environment however I have provided numbered screenshots.

We want our subscribers to not have any access to the forums until they agree to our terms of usage, at which point they will be assigned a new user role and corresponding user group which grants them full access to the particular forum they belong in.

1. Our default user role is Subscriber and is automatically synched to the Registered usergroup which has standard access. (I do not believe there is any way to change Registered to "No Access". If so please explain how)

2. All forum permissions are currently set to "No Access" for the Registered usergroup.

3. The "No Access" settings in "Forum Accesses" are all unchecked.

4. However, when logged in as a subscriber I am still able to view parts of the forum. (see attachments)

12 Replies
Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

Not sure how to add multiple attachments. 

Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @amandachestnutherbs,

It should be cache problem, please exclude wpForo from your cache plugin, then go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and press Delete All Caches Button, open recent posts again and press twice CTRL F5.

1 Reply
(@amandachestnutherbs)

Eminent Member

@chris I have followed instructions exactly, created new test user, but still able to view forum. 

(see attached)

Page 1 / 2