Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Not allowed access / Profile will not save

9 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mitchcan)
Eminent Member

I was getting the 'Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page' error. I read about checking the database, and it has all the wpforo info including the roles. I also read about a possible conflict with User Role Editor (which I then deactivated). I also deactivated cache plugins.

I then deactivated wpforo, and reactivated it.

But I still can not get changes of my wpforo role in wpadmin>profile to save. It always reverts to Registered.

In addition to that which I have already tried, what else do I need to try?

Thanks.

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

As far as I guess, you're the administrator and you want to change your usergroup? There is no any group with more permissions. It doesn't allow change your usergroup to a group with lower permission. If you change it you'll not be able to change it back your permissions will be lost.

Topic starter
(@mitchcan)
Eminent Member

Hi Robert,

No, that's not it at all. I am not able to change my (WPAdmin) user in wpforo from Registered to Admin. It keeps coming back as 'Registered' and therefore is not allowing me to see any wpforo admin settings in the admin menu. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Ok, then all is correct. If your usergroup is Registered it should not allow you change to Admin. Something was wrong on activation and wpForo has not detected your admin role. It seems you have some plugin which adds new roles. Try to deactivate/activate wpForo. If it doesn't help, open phpMyAdmin Database manager of your Hosting Service cPanel, open WordPress database, find the wp_wpforo_profies table, find your account and change the groupid field value to 1. Then delete user cache in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

Topic starter
(@mitchcan)
Eminent Member

Thank you for the clear, detailed instructions. That made a lot of sense and I could have made the changes, but the database at wp_wpforo_profiles is empty. Even after deactivate and reactivate. There are hundreds of users on the site, but nothing in this profiles db.

There are the usergroups in wpforo_usergroups, but no users in wpforo_profiles.

What should I try next?

Page 1 / 2