Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Override user registration date?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@mortenmost)
Eminent Member

Hello

I recently joined WpForo and my forum is up and running, thank you for an easily customizable tool.

I brought with lots of users from an old Delphi forum and some of them are unhappy that they show up here as fresh users, while some of them have followed me for decades. My question: Is there a way to edit/change a user's registration date, number of posts etc? Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @mortenmost,

That's migration issue. I see you've don non complete migration and join dates were not migrated correctly. You should contact to the person who done the migration and ask him to migrate user join dates properly. Once data are migrated just delete wpForo cache in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

There is no way to edit user join date manually in Dashboard. You should do that in Hosting Service cPanel > phpMyAdmin > WordPress database > wp_users table. Edit the user row and change the user_registered field value. This is WordPress native table. wpForo members are the same WordPress users. wpForo doesn't have separate users system. After all canges don't forget click on [Delete all caches] button in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

Topic starter
(@mortenmost)
Eminent Member

Thank you, very interesting and helpful! I couldn't find any advice or documentation on how to migrate from Delphi forums to wpForo, so I didn't even try. Is there a way to do it after all?