Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Posted topic does not open, cannot approve posts

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dave)

Hi guys, I just posted some topics on my forum but whenever I try to open the post it redirects to the main Topic (same in private browsing). Also, after posting, it says the post was made 50 years ago and is posted by anonymous.

Forum - https://zasamag.com/forum/bursaries-bursaries/

Another issue is I am unable to approve posts by members but I am admin.

Please help, thanks.

7 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @dave

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug and check all tabs.

1. In Tables Tab make sure there are no Database Issues

2. In Errors & Issues Tab find errors

For further support, we'll need to know have you migrated the forum from another one? If yes, let us know how have you done the migration?

Topic starter
(@dave)

Hi @Sofy,

Thanks for the reply.

Please see the attached screenshot of the Tables Tab, Errors & Issues Tab reports no issues. I have also run the command as per the screenshot in mySQL and it returns no errors with green ticks. I have posted a test post and am facing the same thing.

To answer your question on migration - I have always used wpForo but earlier this year in Jan moved to VPS hosting. I have not been able to post any content since.

How I moved the content - after installing the plugin, I replaced the new wpForo database tables with the old tables to retain my old content and forum structure from a backup. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Apparently the migration of wpForo database didn't go well. 

Is this "double" ok ?

forum/bursaries-bursaries/

1 Reply
(@dave)

Hi @Anonymous20,

The double has always been there and was working even before moving to the new server, the double happened when I initially created the forum and had already posted a ton of content by the time I realised it was so just left it as is to avoid hurting SEO. 

I need help fixing the issue though cause I'm not able to post anything successfully or approve new posts from users, what do I need to do?

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I don't think you can salvage this but i'm not a db expert. Sofy or Robert can help more.

But i think what you must do is try again a proper and complete restore of the db of wpforo from your backup. Maybe you skiped some tables or something ? Is that a full backup of WP ? How did you imported the wpforo part  ? Did you drop 1st the installed tables ?

Page 1 / 2