Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with User registration email

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ribenjamin)

When a new user registers, the email is sent out.  This should have a link to take them to a page to set the new user password, but the link is just "wp-login.php", which doesn't allow them to set a password.

How can I fix this, please?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @ribenjamin,

First please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails admin page, find and make sure the "Overwrite WordPress Reset Password Emails" are set "No".

Then navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page disable the "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL' option and check again. If you continue getting the wrong email, that means there is a plugin that makes some modifications with the link. In this case, it will be better if you deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation, to find the problem maker one. 

Also please let us know how it works if the below-provided options are enabled.

Topic starter
(@ribenjamin)

Thank you Alvina.  I tried those settings, but it is still not sending out the proper set password link.

I also checked other plugins.  I deactivated LoginPress, Temporary Login without Password, and User Role Editor, but the problem is still happening.

I am expecting the email to say something like: 

Username: richard-s
To set your password, visit the following address:
https://mywebsite.com/forum/?foro=resetpassword&rp_key=KFamMEnLblsVeSjnXpvz&rp_login=richard-s

but it says:

Username: richard-s To set your password, visit the following address: https://www.mywebsite.com/wp-login.php

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@ribenjamin,

In case if you disable the above-provided options, and the issue is remains, that means the wpForo does not have any relation to the issue. So it can't be fixed by our side.

It seems there is a site-specific issue. It may come from the currently active theme or the plugin conflict.