Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Read-only access rights don't seem to be working as expected

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 GJC1
Topic starter
(@gjc1)
Eminent Member

I've configured read-only access to allow unregistered people to view topics but not replies (as shown in "read only access settings" in the attached file

But an unregistered user is still able to view replies as shown in "viewing replies"

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem in how access rights are being managed?

Thanks, Graham 

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should use "No Access" instead of "Read Only". "Read Only" means that user or guest can view and read. If you don't want them to read/view you should set them No Access.

GJC1
Topic starter
(@gjc1)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Robert

You should use "No Access" instead of "Read Only". "Read Only" means that user or guest can view and read. If you don't want them to read/view you should set them No Access.

But I modified the Read Only settings (as per screenshot in my original zip file) to preclude access to replies. Shouldn't that have done what I was hoping?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

wpForo doesn't support topic subComponent restriction yet. We're currently improving this. If you want to close access to replies you should class access to Topic a*s well. So please uncheck the View Forum and View Topic CAN too, in other words just use already configured read-only access. There is no other ways at the moment. The subComponent restriction will be available in a few releases.

GJC1
Topic starter
(@gjc1)
Eminent Member

Thanks Robert

Appreciate the guidance - and look forward to this additional functionality.