Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Redirect to the logging in page

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@eelste)

Hi,

I got a question regarding this. My issue is that I've send a link to somebody who does have an account on the forum, but apparently wasn't automatically logged in. They get the big 404 screen too. Not any post on my forum is visible when not logged in, so isn't it possible to just have a redirect to the logging in page when people try to go to a link which has been send to them and they're not automatically logged in? 

I do see above solutions but I got some issues:

- My forum is in Dutch so I'd have to find the translation file and change that instead of changing the phrases, because else the translation will get crooked. 
- I don't want to change the general 404 page of the website, I just want people who visit directly a specific forum page to be first redirected to a login option and then go to the page they wanted to visit. Is this possible?

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @eelste

- My forum is in Dutch so I'd have to find the translation file and change that instead of changing the phrases, because else the translation will get crooked. 

All wpForo phrases also can be found on the Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page, you can find and translate as you like. 

More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/translation/quick-translation-phrases/

- I don't want to change the general 404 page of the website, I just want people who visit directly a specific forum page to be first redirected to a login option and then go to the page they wanted to visit. Is this possible?

I'm going to ask this question to wpForo developers and I'll back to you know asap. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @eelste,

This is already in our to-do list. It'll be available in near future releases. 

Topic starter
(@eelste)

@sofy okay thanks!

If I change the phrases it doesnt mess with other translation processes? Because it is translated somewhere. The phrases in 'phrases' isn't the same as the dutch phrase on the website... 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

No, it doesn't have any effect on other translated phrases.