[Closed] Reduce/deactivate subscription email notification

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

Hi,

is it possile to deactivate the email notification when a user subscribed a topic/user or gets a private message? Many of our users wants to use the "notification bell" in forum but don't want to get an email.

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

Hello, I have now deactivated the complete mail sending from the forum, because the number of sent mails was too big and the mail server ended up on spam lists with some providers.
Is there a plan to allow users to independently determine what type of notifications they should be notified as email and which via the bell? For example, some groups (>25 users) have formed on the private messages plugin and every time a new message was sent, a mail was sent.
Some other forum systems offer the possibility to choose between mail and forum notification.

I have in the meantime updated to version 2.1.3

Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

By the way, a Bug-Report for the 2022 Theme:

When you use the private message plugin with more then 15 members, you cannot see all members in the memberlist. 

My Fix:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpfpm-uli-users-wrap .wpfpm-ul-users-tooltip {
  max-height: 50vh;
  overflow-y: auto;
}
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @nick81,

wpForo has Enable User Mentioning option: if this option is enabled, users will receive email notification when someone uses @nickname of the user in posts.

PM addon has bell button for Mute Mentioning Email and Turn off Email Notifications for current Conversation.

Topic starter
(@nick81)
Eminent Member

Hi Chris,

after struggling a bit with our mail volume and some users complaining about the "SPAM" from the forum, maybe as a suggestion. Maybe it makes sense to create a "notification dashboard", where user-related or also predefined by the admin the type of notification can be set. As I understand wpForo, another card for the user + admin settings would have to be created for this and a field extension in the database in the user would have to be created and the individual "send functions" would have to be adjusted. If desired, I could also work a little on the implementation.

Page 1 / 2