4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
OSJA
 OSJA
Topic starter
(@osja)

Hello fabulous people at WPFORO

Can you advise me how to remove the menu shown in this picture please?  The menu with Activity, Subscriptions etc.  I have found the php. files fine but nothing pertaining to? Of course could be my oversight.

I am also looking to find out how to turn on the Q and A feature too if you could sneak that in I'd be grateful 🙂

Kindest regards, congratulations and thanks so very much.

OSJA

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi OSJA

Can you advise me how to remove the menu shown in this picture please?  The menu with Activity, Subscriptions etc.  I have found the php. files fine but nothing pertaining to? Of course could be my oversight.

There is no option to remove those. The only way is the template customization, it's explained in Forums > Themes admin page.

I am also looking to find out how to turn on the Q and A feature too if you could sneak that in I'd be grateful 🙂

wpForo forums have three layouts, just edit the Parent (blue panel) Forum and choose QA layout in layout settings:

OSJA
 OSJA
Topic starter
(@osja)

Thanks very much.  I am thoroughly confused with:

There is no option to remove those. The only way is the template customization, it's explained in Forums > Themes admin page.

Where is that documentation please?  And please can you confirm that the menu in the attached picture can or cannot be removed??? I could use some clarity please. Maybe I can turn it of in 'Forum Settings'????

Sorry to ask.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

wpForo theme files contain the markup and template structure for frontend of your forum. Theme files can be found within the /wpforo/wpf-themes/ directory, in current active theme folder, for example /classic/. You can edit these files in an upgrade-safe way using overrides. For example, copy the certain or all files of /classic/ folder into a folder within your current active WordPress theme named /wpforo/, keeping the same file structure.

Example: To remove profile page submenu, copy this file: plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/profile.php to themes/yourtheme/wpforo/profile.php . Then edit and remove <?php $wpforo->tpl->member_menu($userid) ?> line.

The copied file will now automatically override the wpForo default theme file. All changes in this file will not be lost on forum update.

Do not edit these files within the core plugin itself as they are overwritten during the upgrade process and any customizations will be lost.