Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Reset password send email with WP-ADMIN link

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kelvin)

Hello community!

I would like to thank you for this amazing tool, I've been using it for a little over 1 month and I feel very satisfied with this platform.

I couldn't understand the structure of the forum and I'm posting in this area, please forgive me if it's not appropriate.

I would like to share my problem:

I have a problem. My registration and login are all in WPFORO, however, the URL sent by email the link sent is the path of my wordpress admin folder.

I don't feel safe using it like this, I would like the email to send the direct link to WPFORO.

I've already tried disabling and enabling the redirect options.
I've already tried recreating the htaccess and modifying the permalinks.

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Keep in mind that all registration/login/emails are 100% handled by Wordpress core. What you see in wpForo is just a form for easyness. Nothing else.

I made a new account in your wordpress and i got NO verification email, meaning anyone can register without validation. That is wrong and you should change it back or you will have tones of spam.

I see the link you say, when requesting a lost password email.

Doing that in my site i get:

https://www.website.com/wp-login.php?action=rp&key=Wktsdsdsdsdsds6g&login=usernametest&wp_lang=en_US

So some plugin of yours is changing all that. Not wpForo.

Topic starter
(@kelvin)

Hello,

Thanks for replying to my post.
I found the problem in the WP-ADMIN CHANGE plugin.
I will disable and try to rename WP-ADMIN in another way without affecting the forum.

Sorry for wasting your time on something simple.

Thanks for the help my friend.

Topic starter
(@kelvin)

But i need move my admin url and all plugins to redirect move the email URL too... Any sugestion to hide ADMIN login and stay the recovery url on WPForo?

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@kelvin I have no idea. As i told you, emails are handled by Wordpress.