Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Restrict Content By Member Reputation

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
StormTrance
Topic starter
(@stormtrance)

I have been searching your forum for quite a while and either I'm an idiot or not many people care to do it. 

All I want is to restrict a forum (or even a category if required) to a reputation level. So someone posts 20 times and they get access to a restricted forum.

I thought maybe the mycred addon did it, but from what I'm understanding that does not.  

Is this possible?

4 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Yes you can, go to forum dashboard, and then settings

in there, 3rd tab along, you will see forum access.

You can add new rules here that will change the access of different sections. Make a rules like "known users rights" 

Then go to "forums" the page where you add new forums, and create or edit a forum, you will see a side bar, that say forum permissions. 

Change all of those to no access, but give the rank you want to view the section regular access, I hope i haven't made this sound difficult, it is really easy 🙂 

2 Replies
StormTrance
(@stormtrance)

@percysgrowroom

That makes sense, but I think one of us is missing something. I'm sure it's me.

Let's say I create a "Forum Access" to assign to the restricted forum and I call it "Elite". I unerstand how to let only those in to this forum. However... how would I take any user who is a  level 3 user who has posted 50 posts and assign them to that "Elite"  group? 

To save time I didn't finish filling out all the options for "Elite". 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@stormtrance

No necessary to create new Forum accesses, you should create new Usergroups for this purpose. Add the users (who should not have the access to this forum) to this group. Then assigned "No Access" for that usergroup. And "Standard" forum access for other usergroup. Then once the user is considered as she/he should have access to the forum, you should manually change the usergroup of the current user. No way to do it automatically. 

However, if you're familiar with programming we can provide you hooks that can help you to make the process automatically. 

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can asses the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]http://gvectors.com&source=gmail&ust=1578399899738000&usg=AFQjCNHSDRz6a5hOU8leU-W7HDl6H51A_ Q">gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

StormTrance
Topic starter
(@stormtrance)

I guess no one else has any ideas, huh?