4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mbhwhitney)
Eminent Member

Hey gents -

I have a forum set up here:

I would like to restrict access to 'Main Coaching Thread' as this will be a paid option for our coaching, however, anyone could come and gain some value from the nutrition section - just as an example.

How could one restrict access to a certain thread / topic for non-paying members?

Ideally I'd like it to be visible but if a user with a restricted access clicks on the link, a note would read

'For paid challengers only. Click here to get coaching' 

- or something to that effect.

Is this possible?

I realize there is no automation synced w/ payment platforms but if we could somehow manually edit user access once payment was made, that would great.

Cheers.

3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Topic should be in private forum. Topic can't be private itselves. wpForo doesn't support topic access restriction. wpForo only supports forum restrictions based on Usergroup - Access Role settings of each forum.

Topic starter
(@mbhwhitney)
Eminent Member

Thanks Martin.

In this case, could I set up a secondary forum with the one 'paid member' topic? Is this as easy as adding a shortcode to a new page? If so, how would one get the wpForo sidebar on that new page? - Just trying to wrap my head around the best way to do this.

Also, there is nothing restricting someone from signing up to the forum, correct? Essentially, any visitor could find the forum and sign up for an account? Is there a way to approve members before they have full access?

Do you have any suggestions that would streamline what I'm trying to do? My concern is that paid members will have privacy concerns about any Joe/Jane coming on-board and viewing the coaching thread.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

If a forum is set no-access to other usergroups, they will not be able to see it.

Support Topic 1
Support Topic 2