wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Scheduling Forums and Topics

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 jim
Topic starter
(@jim)
Eminent Member

Hi, is it possible to schedule a Forum and/or topic to publish on a certain date or time? I want to schedule a Forum to "open" on a certain date where each day a new post is revealed. Thanks for the info and help.

8 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

hi @jim

You can usually do this with a cron job, but read the answer here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cron-job-sort-of-thing/

it may work with wpForo - Blog Cross Posting and a Wordpress Cron Job Plugin

but wait for an answer from the wpForo Team

jim
Topic starter
(@jim)
Eminent Member

Any answers to this? 

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @jim,

I'm sorry but this is not included in the near future to-do list. For the custom development you can contact to gVecotrs Custom Development team via sales[at]gvectors.com, they'll assess the work and let you know the price.

jim
(@jim)

Eminent Member

@robert thank you so much. Am I correct in that the forum posts aren’t actually WordPress posts? Otherwise, it would be possible to schedule them like normal posts. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jim,

Yes you're correct. wpForo is designed to not overload the default WordPress wp_posts table so it's not based on custom post types. wpForo comes with its own forums, topics and posts tables. That's why websites using wpForo will stay light and fast regardless of the size of your forum.

jim
(@jim)

Eminent Member

@robert makes sense, thanks. I'll check on the possibilities through gVectors. Also, can you please let me know the status on this? A lot of my forum users ask for this feature, and I'd gladly pay for it if it were an addon. Thanks so much.

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/functionally-to-mention-other-users/paged/2/#post-11940

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jim,

I'm already mentioning you. It has been added two years ago. Just copy and use the nickname for mentioning:

jim
(@jim)

Eminent Member

@robert sorry, I misunderstood what they were asking. I was referring to it auto-populating the names after you type the @ symbol like how IP Board and social media platforms do. I saw you reply to a thread about it saying it would be coming in a future release.