Notifications
Clear all

Style Secondary Usergroup customization

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@intelwebsol)

I have a forum with many different departments of a company, which I have splited using secondary usergroup options, so that every department only sees a specific forum named after said department. Each user can only be in one department, so multiple selection is irrelevant. There are a lot of departments as you can see in the attached picture, I want to make it so on the registration form and then search user in the forum it appears as dropdown option, instead of multi-selection. How can I do that?

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@intelwebsol)

Also, follow up question, how can I sort those usergroups by name? In both dropdown (registration and user-search) and on the back-end

Topic starter
(@intelwebsol)

This is how I see them in the back-end, how to also change this to dropdown... ?

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi @@intelwebsol,

Posted by: @intelwebsol

Each user can only be in one department, so multiple selection is irrelevant.

If you want to restrict multiple selections and display a dropdown instead of checkboxes, I recommend not using secondary usergroups. Instead, use the primary usergroup, ensuring that each user has a single group selection.

I want to make it so on the registration form

To add it to the registration page, you need to install our "wpForo User Custom Fields" plugin. Through the provided dashboard, you can manage all user fields, including adding the usergroup field to the registration form. 
https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-user-custom-fields/

then search user in the forum it appears as dropdown option, instead of multi-selection

The Usergroup field by default uses a dropdown menu.

Also, follow up question, how can I sort those usergroups by name?

For displaying all groups alphabetically, custom scripting is required. If you need assistance with this, you can request help from our Pro Support Team.
https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#customization