Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Several buttons loose function when site running in forced SSL mode.

9 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
nicodemus
Topic starter
(@nicodemus)

As I told you earlier in WP.org forum, there is an issue while running wpForo in WP when the whole site is in forced SSL mode.

Seriously, did you try to let it run in SSL mode and tried to add a topic for example ?

It seems that the buttons that do have scripted function e.g. ADD TOPIC do not work, just like the function isn't even loaded into the system. In what file do you have the function for links like ADD TOPIC or RECENT TOPICS stored ? My first guess would be, it is not loaded correctly while running in SSL mode.

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi nicodemus,

Please navigate to Forums > Settings > Features and enable Debug Mode. And leave some URL to allow us test it.

nicodemus
Topic starter
(@nicodemus)

Sorry we cannot do that since your debug mode includes the mysql username and password in plain text which would be a security issue.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: nicodemus

Sorry we cannot do that since your debug mode includes the mysql username and password in plain text which would be a security issue.

Thank you for letting us know, it seems the wpdb object is also attached to wpForo object. We'll remove this in Beta-6. Ok, then the only way we could debug your issue to have a dashboard admin access. Please send it to support[at]gvectors.com

nicodemus
Topic starter
(@nicodemus)

Okay we setup kinda mirror site for you to check into the SSL issue. Right now sending you the login data.

Let me know when you have received it.

Page 1 / 2