2 Users
0 Likes
TIMS Forum
Topic starter
(@tims-forum)
Trusted Member

We just upgraded our forum to Version: 1.4.7

Question 1:

Why would the [forum] short code work in the "New topic notification email message" but not in the "New reply notification email message"?

Hello [member_name]!<br>
A new topic was added to your subscribed forum - [forum].  <--Works

Hello [member_name]!<br>
A new reply was posted to your subscribed topic - [topic]. This topic is from the [forum] forum.<--Does Not Work

Question 2:

Why do none of the user short codes work in the "New reply notification email message"

None of these work:
Author Nicename: [wpf_author_nicename]
Nice Name: [nicename]
Display Name: [display_name]
Username: [user-name]
Company Name: [company_name]
Nickname: [nickname]
User Login: [user_login]
Author User Name: [author-user-name]

It is imperative that I be able to tell the users WHO made a comment on a post/topic.

Question 3: 

"User Mention message body" does not generate on my Forum to anyone. Is there an additional setting that I need to configure to make it work? I've been commenting back and forth with other accounts and no one is receiving that email. 

Thanks!

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi

1. Why would the [forum] short code work in the "New topic notification email message" but not in the "New reply notification email message"?

2. Why do none of the user short codes work in the "New reply notification email message"

Because these variables are not available in this action environment, we'll add those in future releases, this is already in our to-do list.

Question 3:

"User Mention message body" does not generate on my Forum to anyone. Is there an additional setting that I need to configure to make it work? I've been commenting back and forth with other accounts and no one is receiving that email.

Please copy this text and past in the email body textarea:

Hi [mentioned-user-name]! 
You have been mentioned in a post on "[topic-title]" by [author-user-name].<br/><br/>

Post URL: [post-url]