Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] The reply box is loading and not appearing as it should on non-admin accounts. Please help

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jaypee)

The area where one replies to a question/topic does not appear properly. It is a grey box and has the loading symbol (but most users can still type in it and post). Image attached.

Another member complained that they could not post any replies and kept getting the error that they are not inputting the min # of characters (needs to be at least two), but they were putting in much more than 2 characters. Hoping these issues are connected. I would really appreciate any help!

5 Replies
1 Reply
(@Anonymous)

You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I would suggest you to try enabling the built in administrator account by In the search box, type computer management and select the Computer management app. Thank you for letting us know that you are no longer facing the issue.

Topic starter
(@jaypee)

I think I fixed it. Was a plugin conflict. Seems like a lot of the site speed/optimization plugins conflict a bit with the reply box. My specific issue was with async javascript. I put add a script exception to make it work

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @jaypee,

Thank you for letting us know.

Glad to hear the issue is solved.

(@jsprfrmn)
Eminent Member

Hello I have same problem. I need to learn which JS need to be exception. Can you give me  a file name pls?

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @jsprfrmn,

Please let us know have you use the Async JavaScript plugin?

If yes please follow Robert answer in this support topic: 

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/text-editor-disappears-how-to-bring-it-back/#post-44341