Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@paulrainbow)
Eminent Member

I just installed the latest update and i'm repeatedly getting the message "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved" when navigating the forums. I get this on my own forum at eastcoastcruising.uk and at the forums here too. I have deleted the Firefox cache, the website cache and the CDN cache, but obviously no difference, as i happens here too.

I go to here > https://wpforo.com/community/

Then click wpForo Announcements

Then click wpForo 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 are released!

If i then click either of the breadcrumbs, or the "Forum" menu button, i get the popup.

If i leave the page and return to wpForo Announcements, i can read other announcements and go back OK. But if i then look at other areas of the forum this popup is constantly coming up.

Only happens with Firefox, Chrome and Edge work fine.

Regards, Paul.

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @paulrainbow,

Please look in the post editor in the wpForo 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 are released! topic. It seems you have a draft in it. There is no such problem for other users and for us as well. Look in revisions and drafts. Make sure the editor is totally clean, delete even spaces in that:

Topic starter
(@paulrainbow)
Eminent Member

I don't have a draft in it, i've never been there before, i used it as an example.

Starting here > https://wpforo.com/community/

Click WPforo Showcase

Click the any topic, i get the popup

Click the main Forum menu at the top of the page, i get the popup

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@paulrainbow,

I already did it and I don't see such problem. This problem only exists for you. Please do the same and leave a screenshot of your editor. Also, please logout/login again and test it again.

Topic starter
(@paulrainbow)
Eminent Member

This only affected WPForo, on my forum and on here, if i was logged in. Log out and it worked as expected. Tried on a different laptop and it also worked OK, so re-installed Firefox, which has fixed it. Thanks for your time Robert, sorry to have wasted it.

Regards, Paul.