wpForo 1.7.3 and 1....

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] wpForo 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 are released!

7 Posts
5 Users
11 Likes
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

We released bug-fix 1.7.3, then 1.7.4 version. Some important bugs are fixed.

Important update notes

• Some JS and CSS files are changed, please refresh (press Ctrl+F5) on forum front-end twice to reset browser cache, otherwise you'll see crashed design.
  • If you have a Cache or Minifier/Optimizer plugins please delete all caches after wpForo update.
  • If you use CDN and found some issues please purge it.

Fixed Bugs in 1.7.3

• Updated: Login button on Register page
  • Updated: Human readable Views and Post numbers on Threaded Layout topics list
  • Updated: Lighter and smaller threaded layout editor for replies
  • Updated: Italian Translation Update (it_IT), many thanks to Simone Ginosa
  • Fixed Bug: Missing [Clear All] notification button style on non forum pages
  • Fixed Bug: Problem with [Clear All] notification button on My Profile widget
  • Fixed Bug: Don't synch usergroups with roles if the option is disabled
  • Fixed Bug: Prevent wrong synchronization for admins if there is no rule for them
  • Fixed Bug: Keeps jumping to incorrect topic after splitting posts from a topic
  • Fixed Bug: WordPress login page URL in user registration form started from 5.4
  • Fixed Bug: Lots of small bugs in the core and CSS issues
  • Fixed Bug: New hook to stop conflicts with Page builder plugins, such as Flatsome theme page builder. In this case you should enable the hook with this code: add_filter('on_wpforo_load_remove_the_content_all_filters', '__return_true');

Fixed Bugs in 1.7.4

• Fixed Bug: Issue with user registration email formatting
  • Fixed Bug: Prevent 3rd party affection of user registration email type
  • Fixed Bug: Admin front-end control panel dark style
  • Fixed Bug: Required fields validation issue in topic editor for quests
  • Fixed Bug: Prevent executing 3rd party heavy SQLs through WP hooks in wpForo
  • Fixed Bug: Only display active users in forum members page
  • Fixed Bug: Only count active users in forum statistic
  • New Hook: If you want to remove the "only active users" restriction for members list and members count in statistic you should use the new hook with this parameter: add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });
  • once you put this hook in your active WordPress theme functions.php, you should navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete All Caches] button. If you have a WordPress child theme, you should only put this code in the child theme functions.php file.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:49 pm
OMTesla, Macky, spider and 2 people reacted
netvilox
(@netvilox)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @robert

Updated: Lighter and smaller threaded layout editor for replies

I love this, thanks to the WP foro team. 

I love WPforo and the wpf team😁

Posted : 22/04/2020 9:22 am
Macky and Robert reacted
(@mondesensuel)
Trusted Member

• New Hook: If you want to remove the "only active users" restriction for members list and members count in statistic you should use the new hook with this parameter: add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

Hi, Where I need to put this ? add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

Posted : 24/04/2020 7:34 am
Macky reacted
(@crisw)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @robert

Updated: Lighter and smaller threaded layout editor for replies

I just updated!  Yay!  And I love this new look of the threaded layout editor for replies, too!  

Thank you Robert, Sofy, Alvina, Martin, Blackraz, and the entire wpForo Team!  You all are rockstars!  

🤩  🤩  🤩  🤩  🤩  ! 

Spoiler
Still a suggestion
  Add a donate button at the sidebar of your forum.  🙂 Allow us, your forum users, the admins of our own forums, thanks to you guys, please allow us to buy you coffee or pizza!  🙂 Stay safe 😷 and healthy and God bless you all!   

I'm just a member here who used to be a newbie.

The case: When I actually put my keyboard where my forum is, and became #172. Can you imagine if you had to build this forum yourself? How kind and patient will you be? The best way to say thank you is say it, write it, and then head on over at Wordpress plugin page and rate wpForo 5 stars - by clicking here.

Posted : 24/04/2020 7:40 am
Macky and Robert reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @mondesensuel

• New Hook: If you want to remove the "only active users" restriction for members list and members count in statistic you should use the new hook with this parameter: add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

Hi, Where I need to put this ? add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

Hi @mondesensuel,

I just updated the code, you should put that code in your active WordPress theme functions.php, then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete All Caches] button. If you have a WordPress child theme, you should only put this code in the child theme functions.php file.

Here is an alternative way to easily add this code: https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-easily-add-custom-code-in-wordpress-without-breaking-your-site/

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 24/04/2020 8:19 am
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

How can we remove the code so it can display as it was? 

I thought we ha da choice of which one to show and mine has changed already lol. 

Do I just remove the code above from my Function php?

Check out my Wpforo forum, lots of customisations and add ons 🙂
Percys Grow Room

Posted : 24/04/2020 10:20 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

How can we remove the code so it can display as it was? 

I thought we ha da choice of which one to show and mine has changed already lol. 

Do I just remove the code above from my Function php?

What code do you mean? if you want to display all users (active and inactive) on your members page you just need to put this function in your active WordPress theme functions.php file, then delete wpForo cache. It's already described above:

add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

Posted : 24/04/2020 10:24 am