Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

As the topic title.

Log Viewed Forums and Topics: yes

Track Forum and Topic Current Viewers: yes

Topic Links Jump to First Unread Post: yes

Jump to First Unread Post with [new] Button in Topic Link: yes

I made a brand new account on the forum, so every single topic link has the "new" text. However, none lead to the first unread post (the first post), instead it goes to the last post of the topic. Am I supposed to wait for "newer" replies for this to work?

Disabled cache plugin, click on "delete all caches" when testing.

Using wpForo version 1.9.7

7 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @central4allgmail-com

Jump to First Unread Post with [new] Button in Topic Link: yes

If you set this option YES, it makes the [new] button jumping to the last unread post and removes that function from the topic title, thus you should click the [new] button to go to the last unread post. So just disable this option if you want the titles of topics to do the jumping:

• Jump to First Unread Post with [new] Button in Topic Link: NO
Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

First: it doesn't look like the [new] button can be clicked. The green button with class wpf-new-button cannot be clicked as it doesn't have a link inside it

Second: setting "Jump to First Unread Post with [new] Button in Topic Link" to No removes the "new" indicator. Isn't it possible to have the "new" indicator AND take the user to the last unread post when clicking the topic title?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@central4allgmail-com,

It was working in that way. Currently, the title should go to the last unread post if the options is enabled, and you're logged in. The "jump to the first unread post" feature doesn't work for guests.

I'd recommend click the [Mark all read] button (located in forum footer), then test it again. You should have two accounts to do a correct test. First account is creating topic, second replies in that topic, then first account goes up to forum page and hover mouse on the topic title. If you see the title URL ends with /#post-1234 suffix, then it works fine.

(@central4allgmail-com)

Prominent Member

@robert i know how it works , i was the first one asking for that fuctions 2 or 3 years ago when from joomla and kunena i moved to WP and WPforo.
At least at my site it was not working thats why i made the post.

i havent updated yet to last version to see if it is fixed for me at least.

i will let you know if it is fixed or not after update.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Is not working, these are my settings

https://prnt.sc/1cl2x2i

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@central4allgmail-com,

Make sure your cookies are not disable in wpForo and in other plugins, which may stop wpForo collecting cookies. wpForo cookie setting is located in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Policy and Rules tab.

BTW, this issue is very hard to debug and help you. The feature works fine and there is no any bug in the core for sure, you can check it here at wpForo Forum. So if it doesn't work in your website, then it's affected by something. And it's almost impossible to find the problem maker for this feature. You should duplicate your website, clean it, disable all other plugins, switch to the default theme and go one by one to find the issue.

(@central4allgmail-com)

Prominent Member

@robert

coocies are ok , not disabled,

i didnt say that is a bug , i just need help.

Anyway thank you