Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Under Construction Plugin?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hello

I'm planning a server move and some major updates to all of my websites, including my WPForo forum (updates include adding a couple more add-ons to the forum BTW).  

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good free WordPress "Under Construction" plugin that you know to be compatible with WPForo? It doesn't have to be fancy, just something that will display when users go to the forum.

I'm running WPForo 1.6.5 and the Active Theme is Classic if that makes any difference. And I'm planning on doing this December 25th as that day typically has lower traffic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank You

3 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

There is no such plugin specific for wpForo. They are for the whole of Wordpress.

Personally i use for ages now this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/lj-maintenance-mode/

but all such plugins work right if you remember to clear your caching plugin (if it exists) and/or any optimizers you may have.

1 Reply
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@anonymous20

Yes, I wasn't implying that the plugin should be specifically for WPForo, I'm quite aware that they are for "all of WordPress" and I have used several in the past. I apologize if you misinterpreted my question.

I just wanted to know if anyone had actually used one with a WPForo installation, as some other plugins have known compatibility issues with WPForo and I want to avoid that if possible.

Thank you for your suggestion.

BTW, the Plugin you suggested has a notice that "This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress." Probably nothing to worry about (it usually isn't), however, I may select another one.

Thanks for your response, Happy Holidays!

😎

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Well personally i use 4.9.13 so it works for me (and other 40.000 users).

Anyways, this is what i also use in all WP installations i daily do and works right also with wpForo.