Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to Email All Users

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@douglascward)
Eminent Member

Hi, is there a recommended way for me (as an Admin) to email all of my currently registered users? Perhaps there is a third-party plugin that works well? Any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Topic Tags
3 Replies
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

I'd love to know if there is an answer to this as well, however, I suspect that you may run afoul of the CAN-SPAM rules as I'm not sure that a forum registration constitutes approval to send an email. But I'm just speculating there.

One thought is to export your WordPress users list into a CSV file and use that to do a mail merge.  Seems like that might work.

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@dronebot-workshop

This can be very easy performed by other WordPress plugins. Here are some good examples, please try those: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/Mass+Email/

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

You can't do that within wpForo. As for using a Wordpress plugin, you will have to test some of them. They may or may not work for you, because of several limitations, spam control etc etc.

Best thing to do for such mass mail is to use a 3rd party service. Still try a Wordpress plugin first and see how it goes.