Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Problem with subscribe to new topic/post..

13 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@antdx316)
Eminent Member

Problem with subscribe to new topic/post..

If you do subscribe it gives you a confirmation email to confirm, that works etc. but when a new post/topic happens I get nothing no matter what. What do I do?

12 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @antdx316,

It depends on where you have subscribed and what you should get by that subscription, try subscribing to a topic, open an topic press subscribe button, confirm your subscription with the email, and test the subscription functionality.

3 Replies
(@antdx316)

Eminent Member

@chris I did that and everything.. it doesn't work. Can you test to see the email subscription on a wpForo?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@antdx316,

I have subscribed to the above topic, please publish a new post in it.

https://antdx316-api.com/community/vehicle-maintenance/vehicle-maintenance/

(@antdx316)

Eminent Member

@chris I did, check it out. I've subbed again to see but it does no notification. : (

I assume it doesn't show for your own post. Can you make a post so I can see if I can see it?

Topic starter
(@antdx316)
Eminent Member

Doesn't work right? Does it work on your own wpForo?

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@antdx316,

Got the Email: 

(@antdx316)

Eminent Member

@chris so it works if someone else makes a message? I've made another accout but it didn't show me that e-mail..

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@antdx316,

make sure that you have subscribed and confirmed your subscription. the functionality works.

(@antdx316)

Eminent Member

@chris I've done that but it doesn't seem to work.. It probably only works if someone else is posting. Is there anyway to globally unsubscribe from all you've subscribed to? Also can you make it where you can remove the option to have a subscribe button?

(@antdx316)

Eminent Member

@chris I've subscribed to this forum but I don't even get an email notification. I've also checked the spam area and there is nothing. I've left the tab up for days and just refresh it to see if there is a reply.

It's the same with the other wordpress site someone else made, I think it's hosted on wordpress, subscribing to emails doesn't give me emails other than a confirmation whether or not I want to subscribe..

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@antdx316,

You can manage your subscriptions from wpForo Profile > Subscription Tab.

Topic starter
(@antdx316)
Eminent Member

so I've went through the hassle of making an account on my forum realizing I had to enable some JDK for Facebook Login and realizing it does indeed work. : )