Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User can't edit or delete his posting

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@auramin)

I have the problem that the user on my website can't edit or delete his posting by himself. I already tried to fix this by changing any option inside the configuration - but nothing functions. Deactivation of the Spam-Control doesn't solve it. I deacitvated all plugins but the problem still exists. Her in the forum I found  postings by other people with the same problem but I couldn't find anything to solve the problem. Can you please help me?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Auramin,

Please check the flowing:

1. If a topic or post is unapproved (Awaiting for moderation), they can't edit/delete. It seems your users don't see the message and don't see the [Unapproved] prefix in topic title. First please make sure they are trying to edit/delete an approved topic/post.

2. I suppose the users Usergroup is Registered and they have Standard Access in forum settings. You should navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses admin page, edit the Standard Access and make sure these permissions are enabled:

• Can edit own topic
  • Can delete own topic
  • Can edit own reply
  • Can delete own reply

Then edit forums and make sure you attached Registered Usergroup to Standard Forum Access in the right "Forum Permissions" admin-box.

3. You should know that the time is limited for Editing or Deleting posts. make sure they don't pass the time limit. All time limits can be managed in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts admin page:

Topic starter
(@auramin)

Hi Robert, thanks for the quick answer. I already tried all these things - but it don't function. I changed the limiting-time, attached various Usergroups and even created own usergroups. Can't find the mistake! Any idea?

Greetings ... Bernhard

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Then your forum is crashed or you have JS errors. please leave the forum URL.

Topic starter
(@auramin)

Hi Robert, thanks for your offer - meanwhile I solved the problem. My theme makes the mistake, another wellknown plugin for chatting had similar problems. Wie the User-Role-Editor I changed the roles and in wpForo i use now a own usergroup (dedicated to the new role) an so all ist running as it should do.

Greetings from Germany ... Bernhard