Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User groups and forum access types

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mands)

Hi.

I've just installed wpforo and it's sort of working.

First issue is I don't want guests to see anything but I can't see where I associate usergroups with forum access types.

I can see from Settings -> Forum Accesses that Guests have Read only access but I can't see where to move them to No access.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should set Accesses to Usergroups for each Forum. Just edit the forum and manage Usergroup - Access settings, set it Guest <> No Access:

By default all forums permissions are set Guest <> Read Only.

For quick setting you can edit the Read Only access and disable all permissions. So you'll not have to edit each forum and set No Access for Guests.

1 Reply
(@denny)

@robert

I have set Guest to No access as you outlined above and saved it.  Then I opened an incognito window in another browser where I'm not logged in to test it, went to the forum page and I could still see the forum and individual posts.  I have spent several hours trying to remove access for anyone who is not logged in, but have not been able to do it.  Please help.

Topic starter
(@mands)

Many thanks.

Is there some way to make this a default for new forums?

Thanks.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please explain what do you mean saying "this" and "new forums". if yo create a new forum all settings are on the right sidebar, that's not hard to change before saving the forum.

Topic starter
(@mands)

Sorry for delay.

I just want to make sure that it's fail safe so the default permission for new groups is everyone has no access. Then all access has to be explicitly granted.

Thank you.

Page 1 / 2