wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] UserGroup Access / MCP / Post Approval Queries

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Cotty
Topic starter
(@cotty)
Eminent Member

Sorry for all of the questions - we're spending an awful lot of time searching but without luck lol.

• One usergroup has moderation permissions, with "can" privileges to pass moderation...

We've noted that when a "moderator" edits another moderator or an admin's post it sits in the moderation queue to be approved on occasions...we're still trying to get our head around it in case its something that we've amended, i.e. in testing, deleting a users post - will this through up a further approval request?

• The second aspect is the Usergroup Default Access. 

On creating a new Usergroup, it offers the ability to set the default access...once the usergroup is created, is there a way of editing this "default" access? We cannot find it.

• Moderator Log

Is there a log to see what changes have been made by a moderator or admin; like a front end MCP, posts stickied, etc..

Thanks again,

Cotty

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Cotty,

One usergroup has moderation permissions, with "can" privileges to pass moderation...

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Could you please clarify a bit? 

The second aspect is the Usergroup Default Access.

This is only used when a new Usergroup is created, it automatically gets the selected Forum Access in all forums.  In Forum settings you can attach one of Forum Access to certain Usergroup, thus each usergroup will have different access/permissions in different forums.

Moderator Log

This is already in our to-do list. For now, you can see edit post-logging with date and author name on the frontend.