Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Usergroup not being set when user registers

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ptrckmrgn)

Just set this forum up but the user permissions aren't working properly.

For some reason registered users are not being assigned a usergroup (should be assigned "registered" automatically). This means they can't see the forums unless an admin sets their usergroup manually to "registered".

Another issue - which seems to be related - is that anonymous users (i.e. not logged in) aren't seeing the forums. They see the "Main Forum" and "Main Category" default forums but not other ones I have created. Meanwhile a user with their usergroup set manually to "registered" sees all the other forums, but not the "Main Forum"/"Main Category" default forums. Only the "Admin users see all of them. I haven't changed any of the permissions, and have double checked them to make sure the groups/forums have the correct permissions applied.

Any idea what's going on here?

2 Replies
Topic starter
(@ptrckmrgn)

Potentially a bug related to the server it's on. The plugin works fine on a LAMP stack, but not on the Azure web app I was originally trying it on. Have tested two Azure wordpress apps and it has the same issue on both.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you for letting us know. We've not tested wpForo on Azure web app, so wpForo doesn't support it yet.