I am experiencing a problem on https://www.alkohol-ade.com that has been discussed here before. A user cannot change his avatar a third time, and the admin cannot do it for him either. Unfortunately, the tips in the quoted post don't help either.
What I have already done unsuccessfully:
- checked the permissions in wp-content/uploads/wpforo/avatars/, path has 775, all images in it 664.
- then tried to change the image for the user as admin from useraccount, without success
- cleared all caches several times. Also cleared the cache in the browser I was controlling with several times (after each new attempt)
- checked if WPForo is excluded from WPRocket - it is
- then manually via ftp renamed the old avatar image of the user in wp-content/uploads/wpforo/avatars/, copied the desired new avatar image over and renamed it with the name of the old image. Of course all caches deleted again.
- deleted the old avatar image, so that only the new one is on the server, deleted caches, again in vain. Of course cleared the caches before checking
- in the browser where the page was checked, deleted all cookies, cache again, again in vain.
What else can I do?
Thanks for caring, Bernd
Try deactivating your plugins one by one, There is a JS which makes changes on wpForo. It also can be an JS code added manually or by theme.
We have the same problem with images. Users cannot change them. Did you determine if a specific plugin was the problem or do you have any other solutions? Maybe you could list the plugins you use here and we could try to determine which of them we also use. Thanks.
We don't have that plugin but I did find something curious that maybe someone can give advice on. When you try to change the avatar, it actually changes in the faint background image it picks up from the new image you desire but the main previous image doesn't update. Anyone know why that would be?