Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Want to use WPForo register/login page for members commenting on blog (should i buy 'Blog Crosspost' add-on)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@loudacris115)

To clarify, I don't want every blog post I make to also become a Forum post. I know that is the main purpose of the 'Blog Crossposting' add-on.

However, I want users to be able to register for my site from a blog posts comment section OR my WPForo forum and I want that registration/login process on my blog's comment sections to send them to the same register link and sign in link that is being used on my WPForo forum.

I'd also want to be able to click their name on my blogs comment section and see their WPForo member profile. 

A) Is this possible? 

B) Do I need to purchase the "Blog Crosspost" add-on to accomplish this 

C) If the answer to B is yes, then can I turn off the cross-posting part of the plugin? 

Do you follow?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Lou

To clarify, I don't want every blog post I make to also become a Forum post. I know that is the main purpose of the 'Blog Crossposting' add-on.

wpForo Cross Posting doesn't cross-post all posts. That's your choice, you're the cross-poster and you decide which one should be cross-posted which one is not.

However, I want users to be able to register for my site from a blog posts comment section OR my WPForo forum and I want that registration/login process on my blog's comment sections to send them to the same register link and sign in link that is being used on my WPForo forum.

I'd also want to be able to click their name on my blogs comment section and see their WPForo member profile.

You should enable these four options in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin pafe:

• Replace Author Link to Forum Profile
  • Replace Comment Author Link to Forum Profile
  • Replace Registration Page URL to Forum Registration Page URL
  • Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL