Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Where is the main menu?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

Here is what's happening on my forum.

Background:

New WP install on a top level domain (not on a sub as my test system):

www.mityaalim.org - the 'landing page' is the blog without first static page.

From the blog the users can go into the forum by clicking on "פורום" in the main menu [point 2 – yellow]. There is also the button "ראשי" [point 3 – purple] that is "main" as created during the install. Don't ask me how I've changed it to Hebrew, it was late at night.

In addition I've remove the hello world page.

As you can see in the attached screen:

Points 1,2,3 referring to the main menu known as "menu 1" or the primary menu when WP or the theme are freshly installed.

So what is my problem?

When going to the dashboardàmenu I cannot see any other menu but wpForo navigation menu.

The only way left for me is to add pages (content or links) that are seamlessly added to the nonexistent "menu 1" in the attached screen 2.

The problem is that I have no control of the order of menu items in the hidden main menu.

The second screen shows "contact us" after I've added it as a page.

I can create an admin account for you to check it.

The second screen is of the blog:

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi yossik,

Some themes don't create Menus, they loads all pages in Primary Menu Location automatically. This doesn't have any relation to wpForo. This is WordPress support question. wpForo creates the wpForo Navigation Menu, but it doesn't mean wpForo should check if you don't have other menus and create others for the Primary menu, you should care about that yourself.

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus admin page, then create a Navigation Menu using this Button:

Then add all menus you want and attach it to Primary Menu Location. And your header menu will be changed automatically and you'll get control over this section.

Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

Thank you Robert