Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Wpforo child theme

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I want to make a couple of theme, one light and one dark, so my users can choose which theme is best for them, like night and light settings. 

I know I have to make a child theme on wordpress for this. But, when I change the style of wpforo on the dark theme, will those setting apply to all themes, or just the child theme.

For example, Am i able to have one child theme, that has the "dark" wpforo styles. And have another child theme that has the "green" wpforo styles, or do i need to make a child theme for wpforo too??

Alternatively, any good night mode apps that work well with wpforo?

I hope someone can help

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

There is no way to create different colors.css and style.css in child themes. The Style switcher is located in Dashboard  > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page. This is the only place where you can change colors. You can have two dark styles by changing of e.g. green style colors and switch between the different dark styles.

In case you're going to use wpForo template files customization in child themes you can have different /wpforo/ folder in different WordPress theme child theme folder. wpForo will use the one which is located in current active theme.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

In case you're going to use wpForo template files customization in child themes you can have different /wpforo/ folder in different WordPress theme child theme folder. wpForo will use the one which is located in current active theme.

I think this might work mae, sorry for all the questions today lol, but do you have a guide on how to do this?

(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Alternatively, any good night mode apps that work well with wpforo?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/night-mode-and-font-size-kit/#how%20to%20custom%20night%20mode%20colors%3F

it works the night mode as is promised, but not the font size to my site.

I didnt had the time to look why, but it looks easy to set up.

Try it and let me know if you had the same issue with me plz.

1 Reply
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@central4allgmail-com

It doesn't work right on the forum pages, it works fine across the rest of the site, but there are white patches on the main page of the forum.

I hve had the same issue with a few night mode plug ins, it doesnt work well with the forum code maybe? 

(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Cant help you because as i said i had no time.

I Can confirm the white patches to mine too