Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Migrate to wpForo - Go2wpForo Tool

33 Posts
17 Users
19 Likes
72.1 K Views
Topic starter

Go2wpForo is designed to allow you migrate forums, topics, posts and users from other WordPress forum plugins to wpForo. We're working hard to improve this tool. Currently it supports these migrations:

1. bbPress to wpForo
  2. Simple:Press to wpForo
  3. Asgaros to wpForo
  4. AnsPress to wpForo
  5. DW Q&A to wpForo
  6. WP Q&A to wpForo
  7. phpBB to wpForo
  8. MyBB to wpForo
  9. SMF to wpForo

Go2wpForo Migration Tool Documentationand Download Link

This tool installs like any other plugin for WordPress:

• Downloaded Go2wpForo zip file.
  • Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file and activate.
  • Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Go2wpForo admin page and choose the forum you'd like to migrate from. Then click on Start Migration button...

bbPress (extra tools)

Attachments - If you've used GD bbPress Attachments plugin for file attachments please read this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/bbpress/migrate-bbpress-attachments-to-wpforo/

URL Redirection - After migration from bbPress to wpForo you can redirect bbPress forum and topic URLs to according wpForo forum and topics using Redirect2wpForo plugin: https://wpforo.com/community/bbpress/bbpress-to-wpforo-url-301-redirection/

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

26 Answers

Hi

Is 1.0.1 the latest version? where can the latest be found?

Thanks

Topic starter

Yes it is. You can find it on the first page of this topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/migrate-to-wpforo-from-other-forum-plugins/migrate-to-wpforo-go2wpforo-tool/

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Just a quick note, for Asgaros forum it doesn't migrate the topics only the forums/categories etc.

Topic starter
Posted by: DivineMystics

Just a quick note, for Asgaros forum it doesn't migrate the topics only the forums/categories etc.

Ok, thank you for letting us know, we're going to check and fix this issue. We'll update Go2wpForo tool in a few days.

Topic starter

Go2wpForo tool is updated. The new version 1.0.2 is available for download. This issue has been fixed as well.

Great Tool!  We successfully used it to migrate from buddy press on a site.  Very happy!

If I want to migrate from Simplepress to WPFORO via the Go2wpForo tool , do I need to have activated both forum plugins, so Simplepress and WPFORO ?

Or do I need to deactivate the Simplepress plugin in my Wordpress dashboard , so there is no conflict ?

Many thanks. Regards, Stefan.

hartiberlin 27/12/2017 9:43 am

How do I get my attachments migrated from SimplePress to WPForo ?
I originally had my forum running on Simplemachines SMF2.0.15 and then used
the SimplePress importer to import the SMF importer to get it to Wordpress SimplePress...

That worked, but I did not get the attachments into SimplePress... Or do I need first to buy these Attachment Viewer Plugins to see the attachments ?

What is the best Method to go from SMF to SimplePress and then to WPForo with also getting

all attachments moved to WPForo ?

Many thanks in advance. Regards, Stefan.

hartiberlin 27/12/2017 2:36 pm

Is there an easier way to migrate from SMF to WPForo maybe first going SMF to BBPress

including attachments ?

What is the easiest method and best documented to get from SMF to WPForo inclusive

attachments ?
Many thanks. Regards, Stefan.

Topic starter

Please don't duplicate questions in different topics just follow to this topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/simplepress/simplepress-migration/#post-13018

Can I import from a Lsoft system into WP Foro?  Even if it is a searchable archive that would be ok.  

Topic starter
Posted by: IG Guru

Can I import from a Lsoft system into WP Foro?  Even if it is a searchable archive that would be ok.  

I'm sorry but the Go2wpForo tool doesn't support Lsoft system forums. You should contact to professional migration services like gConverter or Profprojects for  this kind of projects.

It's possible to migrate a wpforo to another wpforo ? 

Hi, I need to use wpForo in new site with importing the forum (with all components) from the old website using which uses bbpress. I want the old site keeps working for now. So is your first post still good for me. What are the best steps to do ? please help

Robert Robert Topic starter 12/04/2020 1:27 pm
Posted by: @jmalmh

Hi, I need to use wpForo in new site with importing the forum (with all components) from the old website using which uses bbpress. I want the old site keeps working for now. So is your first post still good for me. What are the best steps to do ? please help

Yes, you can use Go2wpForo Tool. Here is the official page:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/migrate-to-wpforo/

jmalmh 12/04/2020 6:17 pm

@robert

I am am in the step of migration from live forum to local site. I copied my credentials from config.php and it keeps saying “Not connected to the database”.
Is it because my host provider is blocking the connection? or I am doing something wrong.

Robert Robert Topic starter 13/04/2020 8:42 am
Posted by: @jmalmh

@robert

I am am in the step of migration from live forum to local site. I copied my credentials from config.php and it keeps saying “Not connected to the database”.
Is it because my host provider is blocking the connection? or I am doing something wrong.

Please open a new topic. And provide more information about what exactly you migrate.

Page 2 / 2