Breadcrumbs and Elementor page
I started using WPForo yesterday. Fantastic! Very user friendly for a non-technical user!
I have created an elementor page and placed the QA Forum short code in a section of the page. Looks nice. When I click into the a topic the layout changes to the standard (non-elementor) layout, and the breadcrumbs (i.e. "Forums") cannot return me to the elementor-created home page.
1) Any suggestions to substitute the elementor home page for the standard WPForo "Forums" breadcrumb home page?
2) Any possibility of maintaining the elementor layout for the other topic and post pages?
I think this might be the answer to your question #1.
This is from the wpForo documentation :
"Here are the steps you need to do to get forum on website home:
- By default Forum uses “Forum” page with /community/ slug. Please don’t set this page as Front Page in regular WordPress settings. And you don’t need to delete current forum page even if you’ve already changed that, just follow to next step.
- Create another page, for example “Home Forum” with “home-forum” slug. And put [wpforo] shortcode in page content.
- Navigate in Dashboard to Settings > Reading admin page, find the “Front page displays” option, select the “Front page”, choose “Home Forum” in drop-down and save options. That’s it. Now wpForo will be loaded on home page."
For your question #2, I think you would have to create a separate "forum theme file". However, in my opinion, wpForo has a whole lot of possibilities for us to use and tweak according to our needs, in terms of changing Forum Colors to match the colors of our website (under "Styles" tab on the "Forum Settings". wpForo has a whole lot of "Help Documentation" on how to do just that.
Just go to the https : / / www . wpforo . com / documentation (without the spaces)
Hope this helps. Good luck and God bless you! 🙂
wpForo is loaded in one page called the base forum page. If you want to set it on home page you should create another forum page and put the [wpforo] shortcode in that page content, then set it as home in Settings > Reading admin page as it's explained in documentation. Then you should manage Elementor design and layout for both, home and the main forum pages.So, you should know that in this case there are two forum page and both should be managed to get the same look and feel.
In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.
Thank you Chris and Robert. I think I need to describe my questions more clearly.
For question #1. I have created an internal page (not the home page) with elementor, and placed the [wpforo] short code within it. So far, so good. Let's call it MyForoHome. If from that page, I click into a topic or recent posts, or other items, I will have a breadcrumb trail. The starting point of the breadcrumb trail is "Forums" or the house icon. Clicking on either of these takes me to the "Forums" page, which is generated by WPForo, and does not include any of the elementor design. I would like the starting breadcrumb and house icon to link to "MyForoHome." The "Forums" page does not include any of the additional design elements created for "MyForoHome." So the question is, can I replace "Forums" with "MyForoHome" within the breadcrumb trail and have the house icon also link to "MyForoHome" so that users utilizing the breadcrumb trail to go back to the starting point see the fully designed "MyForoHome?"
Question 2 is related. Can I put the forum content on the subordinate forum pages (such as topics, posts, recent posts, etc.) inside an elementor designed page? That would permit me to include a sidebar created in elementor alongside all of the forum content.