[Closed] Agree to forum terms for synched members

9 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

Hello wpForo, 

We just installed a new forum and synched all our current website members. Since none of our members will need to register, how can we get them to agree to our forum usage terms (other than just adding a sticky topic)? We really want them to click an "I agree" box before entering the forum the first time. Is this something that's built into wpforo? or should we just try to use a modified cookie compliancy plugin? Thanks for any suggestions!

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @amandachestnutherbs,

I'm sorry, but wpForo doesn't have option to get the User Agree the Forum Terms and Rules, for first time visit, That is available only at the registration page.

1 Reply
(@amandachestnutherbs)

Eminent Member

@chris I have one more question about synched registrations. Will members be sent a welcome email when they are automatically synched with existing website users? We want to set up our forum in production site and continue testing before announcing the forum. Thanks!

Topic starter
(@amandachestnutherbs)
Eminent Member

Thanks for responding Chris. I guess we'll need to figure out a workaround. I'd be curious to hear what other members have done.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@amandachestnutherbs,

You can check all the emails/email forms which wpForo sends to the Users from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Email Tab. Those are the emails which wpForo sends to the Users.

4 Replies
(@amandachestnutherbs)

Eminent Member

@chris I'm still not sure whether synching a new member would trigger the "new user registration email for user". Is there a way to disable that email? or all emails temporarily?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@amandachestnutherbs,

Posted by: @amandachestnutherbs

I'm still not sure whether synching a new member would trigger the "new user registration email for user".Is there a way to disable that email?

You can disable it from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Feature Tab "Enable User Registration email confirmation" option, but please note that if you disable this option, while using wpForo Registration form, Users won't need to confirm their emails. They can set their Password in the Registration form.

wpForo uses WordPress mail function, so if you stop WordPress wp_mail function, wpForo won't be able to send any kind of emails.

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_mail/

(@amandachestnutherbs)

Eminent Member

@chris To clarify, our website is behind a paywall and all users have to register before entering our website. There will never be public joining our forum. So there will never be a need for users to register for the forum. They will only ever synch from new users that join our site. There is no need for them to have a password for the forum as it is behind the paywall.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@amandachestnutherbs,

wpForo uses WordPress Users. There is no separate account for wpForo.

If you are not using wpForo Login/Register Form, you can disable "User Registration email confirmation" option. That option is made for wpForo Registration form.