28 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
14.2 K Views
Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Hi everyone,

Whilst I wouldn't class myself as a veteran of wpForo, this would certainly be the case for WordPress and Ultimate Member. To this end, and to take some of the weight off the Devs, I'm throwing myself to the lions in terms of offering assistance in the above. 

UM integration was introduced during the last release and has proven to be a very popular feature. I was one who requested the integration so I think it's only fair I help out. Note that core UM issues are out of scope for support and should be raised here

Note that UM free support isn't "great" but I'm also over there frequently helping out. Any questions, shout me out.

27 Replies
(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

Thank you so much for your willingness to help. I am thinking of integrating Ultimate Member on my site.

The only reason for doing that would be to have live notifications when someone replies to a forum post. Have you tried them? It's a $25 extension so I don't want to buy it until I see it in action, yet I cant find an example of it anywhere.

BuddyPress has notifications but to see them I have to enable the admin bar for all users, which is something I don't want to do. How do the notifications in Ultimate Member work. Is there a floating button or something? Or it "just appears"? I know it sounds silly but I really have no idea.

Oh... and one more thing. If I choose "Replace forum profile with ultimate member profile" does that mean forum will use avatars from the ultimate member profile?

Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Have you tried them? It's a $25 extension so I don't want to buy it until I see it in action, yet I cant find an example of it anywhere.

Yes. I have them running on my site over at www.phenomlab.com, and they work very well. You do not need to enable the admin bar for notifications on UM - it's a seperate page essentially, and a bell widget. You can also include the notification page in your menu, which is what I do.

If I choose "Replace forum profile with ultimate member profile" does that mean forum will use avatars from the ultimate member profile?

Yes. I've had to adjust mine manually - if you have hundreds or thousands of users, it's a good idea to make an announcement so they know that this change is coming down the line. I also created a default avatar for those users who did not have one set.

(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

Thank you for your fast response. It was very helpful. I will probably have more questions 🙂

By the way your website has a fantastic design. 👍  😎 

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

Thanks very much. Do let me know if you need any help.

(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

Oh.. here is a bug I immediately found. I have the wpforo private messages plugin. When I replace the forum profile with the UM profile I cant send private messages. Not even when I am in a forum topic and I click on the "send a message" button. It just redirects me to UM profile.

Page 1 / 5