Clear all

[Closed] problemsheet.in

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@swarup)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I was looking for a better theme that would help me creating a question and answer website. It was not possible for me to buy a Premium theme so I kept looking for plugins. After trying several plugins, it felt like I was not able to get what I want - to make my website perfect.

Then I found wpForo and my dream is just unlocked. Though I am new to all this, I have tried to begin with what I have.

I did not make lots of changes but yeah as I want to make my website mobile friendly, I have removed the plugin default menu and set it to Website menu using Custom Links.

However if it would have been possible to set up SHORT CODES for every features, it would have been awesome because I want links to open in name of my website but it shows wpForo in most of the pages.

Overall I am satisfied. Lots of thanks for such a brilliant plugin!

Kindly visit my website and suggest me what changes should I make to look it perfect: https://www.problemsheet.in

Posted : 28/10/2020 5:10 am
Alvina
(@alvina)
Member Moderator

Thank you for your kind words @swarup,

However if it would have been possible to set up SHORT CODES for every features, it would have been awesome because I want links to open in name of my website but it shows wpForo in most of the pages.

The wpForo shortcode docs: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-page/wpforo-shortcodes/

Kindly visit my website and suggest me what changes should I make to look it perfect:

We can only suggest you to hide the wpforo-menu part from the frontend. Then go to the Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets admin page and activate the wpForo Search widget for the search functionality.

In case if you decide to hide the menu part, you should use the following CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu {
display: none !important;
}

The CSS code should be added in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings >Styles admin page "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

Don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 28/10/2020 10:42 am
Swarup reacted
(@swarup)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello.

Is there any way to add NOTIFICATION BELL and SEARCH both in menu?

Kindly let me know the possibility.

Thanks and regards.

Posted : 28/10/2020 12:22 pm
(@swarup)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I meant to say in Main Menu?

Posted : 28/10/2020 12:24 pm
Alvina
(@alvina)
Member Moderator

@swarup,

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page find and enable the "Display User Notification Bell on Menu Bar" option and check again. Screenshot below: https://www.screencast.com/t/Wvx2twDNX

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 29/10/2020 9:01 am