Clear all

[Closed] A couple of presales questions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@davenovo)

Hello,

I am evaluating some online forum plugins for wordpress and had some questions about features. We are trying to find a forum we can use as basically a customer support tool that users can see other users questions.

1. I see you can have private topics, but can you have private comments within a topic. For example, if a customer posts a topic, we may want to have some internal discussion about it before responding. Can we have "private comments" that are only visible by members of the time

2. can a new topic be created simply by sending in an email

3. when the user gets a notification about a new post to the topic they are subscribing to, can they reply via email and have the reply be added as a new comment to the topic?

4. How are the users in your system integrated with the wordpress users. Do they have the same role in your system. If not, can we set the user's role in your system automatically. If a new user is added to wordpress, with a particular role, do they automatically have access to the forum? We add our users via an API so we would need to know what we need to do if we add a user to WP via the API, what extra work would be need to ensure they have access to the forum

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @davenovo,

Please find my answers below.

1. I see you can have private topics, but can you have private comments within a topic. For example, if a customer posts a topic, we may want to have some internal discussion about it before responding. Can we have "private comments" that are only visible by members of the time

2. can a new topic be created simply by sending in an emai

3. when the user gets a notification about a new post to the topic they are subscribing to, can they reply via email and have the reply be added as a new comment to the topic?

Answers of these questions are negative. There is no such feature in wpForo.

4. How are the users in your system integrated with the wordpress users. Do they have the same role in your system. If not, can we set the user's role in your system automatically. If a new user is added to wordpress, with a particular role, do they automatically have access to the forum? We add our users via an API so we would need to know what we need to do if we add a user to WP via the API, what extra work would be need to ensure they have access to the forum

wpForo uses WordPress user system, however it has own Usergroups (with set of forum specific permissions). Forum Usergroups are synced with WordPress User Roles. All users' Usergroups are automatically changed based on User Roles.