Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] A plugin suggestion aka add on.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@issac-bourne)

I realize that you block outside plugins so you can make money off the forum plugins that you write for the forum. But some of us have invested a lot of money in premium plugins that would be nice to be able to use them in the forum as well.

So my suggestion is to have a addon that allows 3rd party plugins to work inside the forum. Have a waiver of course that you guys will not be giving support if a 3rd party plugin does not work, or messes up the forum. And as usual, always do backups.

I have a couple of premium plugs that would really make the forum pop and look nice with some very nice options for the forum. Having such a addon would allow you to make money still, and the customer have more options. And everybody is happy. And because most forums don't have these 2 options, that would make your forum different and more desirable.

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @issac-bourne,

We don't block any plugin. You've got it all wrong for sure. If some plugin is not compatible with wpForo it doesn't mean we've blocked that plugin. We cannot block any plugin in wpForo.

Moreover, we do our best to integrate and make wpForo compatible with lots of plugins every day. So I don't have any idea why you think that way. In any case, just let us know what plugin you're asking for.

Topic starter
(@issac-bourne)

Not one plugin I have works inside the forum area. So I had to install on a new install to make sure that it did not eventually crash the site. Not saying that it would, but saying that it might. And I have already had a ton of problems with the site that I just fixed and got up and running.

Part of which was that the host I was using shut down and gave me 30 days to move site. After everything was said and done, site had been down for 30 plus days. I just don't want anymore problems.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@issac-bourne Can you be more specific?

What EXACTLY doesn't work and what crashes you have?

If you have tones of issues with your site, then you must resolve before adding  a new plugin.

Topic starter
(@issac-bourne)

I kept having problems with duplicate forum pages. And after trying to fix that have the forum just quit working. After several days of building forum sections just to have it crash once again. I decided to uninstall it and the whole wordpress installation and try using phpbb forum program instead. The last forum program I tried to use through a plugin and wordpress locked me out. And this one keeps having problems. I just do not have the time to keep fixing stuff. So I'm using a stand alone program.

Sorry to have bothered you.