Clear all

[Closed] Adding WPdisquz into a new page inside the wpforo template

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@ifail93)

Hi,

im trying to optimize Wpforo for my Guild-Website. Everything is fine, but i want to add a costum page inside the wpforo template (which is already done) and add the comments function there - like an activity wall. Inside the theme folder i added the new page and its reachable. 

I´ve added the common php code (<?php comments_template() ?>) inside the new page, but there is nothing shown. Is there anything i can do to realize this? i tryed alot, it seems like wpforo dont want to show the comments :/

is it because of the sub url /community/activitywall ? or is it a wpforo side problem?

greetings

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

All wpForo pages comes with disabled commenting option. You can't turn this on unless you edit /wpforo/wpf-includes/wpf-hooks.php file and do this change:

Find these hooks:

add_filter( 'comments_open', 'wpforo_disable_comments', 10, 2 );

add_filter('comments_array', 'wpforo_disable_comments_hide_existing_comments', 10, 2);
add_action('init', 'wpforo_remove_comment_support', 100);

Add "//" before them (PHP code comment):

//add_filter( 'comments_open', 'wpforo_disable_comments', 10, 2 );

//add_filter('comments_array', 'wpforo_disable_comments_hide_existing_comments', 10, 2);
//add_action('init', 'wpforo_remove_comment_support', 100);
Topic starter
(@ifail93)

nice 🙂 that helps alot - thank you @Robert

now im running into another issue.. comments are shown now but my side bar is located under the comments field >_<

Topic starter
(@ifail93)

i figured out that without wpdiscuz everything is fine.. -_-

(@shashank)
Eminent Member

If anyone tries to edit those files, then do share the results and experiences. 

My concerns :

1. How would it behave when the wpForo updates?

2. How would it behave when current theme updates or chages?