Clear all

[Closed] Auto prune

9 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@dmlphotography)
Trusted Member

Is there a way to drop off old topics that are xyz days old for the sake of performance, my forum is growing rapidly and want to make sure it stays that way, so was curious if this feature exists 

8 Replies
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

As an admin of few bloggers and forums, i think that one of the wishes of the site owner is to have rich content and a-lot.

keeping history helps SEO ratings.

Think about it..

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but there is no such feature. You can delete topics and posts using phpMyAdmin Database tools in your hosting Service cPanel. Always backup the database before doing any manipulation. Topics and posts are stored in wp_wpforo_topics and wp_wpforo_posts table. Don't forget delete all cache in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page before checking the result.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: Dan Lee

Is there a way to drop off old topics that are xyz days old for the sake of performance, my forum is growing rapidly and want to make sure it stays that way, so was curious if this feature exists 

Well most forum admins are actually looking for ways to bring trafic and posts, in order to rank better in search engines.

If you have performance problems, there cheap ways in 2018 to solve it (a good hosting plan). No need to delete topics and posts.

I wish i had that problem also 🙂

Topic starter
(@dmlphotography)
Trusted Member
Posted by: yossik

As an admin of few bloggers and forums, i think that one of the wishes of the site owner is to have rich content and a-lot.

keeping history helps SEO ratings.

Think about it..

We are a private forum and searches cant see it anyway, so I don't want to have a boat load of historical data. So thanks for the suggestion but its not a good one. 

Page 1 / 2