Clear all

[Closed] I am looking for documentation on Forum maintenance

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@paularenson)
Eminent Member

So far I see nothing. So I would like to know when, if ever to click the various options. It is about the way that it is in the banana.

Could someone tell me when to

1) delete all caches

2) update topics stats

3) delete phase cache

4) synch user profiles

5) Updates forum stats

6) update users stats

7) delete user cache

8) And finally, maybe a dumb question, but what is the "P" in the lower left of the message editor. Is it just to select a whole paragraph for some reasons?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You don't need any of these buttons if you don't have any issue. These buttons are used when you got some issue in forum.

1) delete all caches

If some information is not updated on front-end (old info... last post, last author, stat, etc...)

2) update topics stats

If you see some Topic stat are incorrect (views, number of posts, etc..)

3) delete phase cache

If you've translated or changed some phrase in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page and the change is not applied on front-end.

4) synch user profiles

If a user is registered but the forum profile is not crated (own profile page is not access-able)

5) Updates forum stats

If the footer forum statistic displays incorrect (outdated) information.

6) update users stats

If the user statistic (on user profile page: posts, topics, likes, comments...) are not correct.

7) delete user cache

If some change has been made with user data and the change doesn't appear on forum front. In most cases, after each changes in database tables of users should be followed by [delete user cache] maintenance.

Topic starter
(@paularenson)
Eminent Member

Thank you.  I don't know what I was writing that got typed as banana...auto correct?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

8) And finally, maybe a dumb question, but what is the "P" in the lower left of the message editor. Is it just to select a whole paragraph for some reasons?

This is not a bug, this is the HTML tag indicator, it shows current tag when you typing. At the moment you're in P - paragraph. This is WordPress editor: