2 Users
0 Likes
Ej.
 Ej.
Topic starter
(@roundcube)
Trusted Member

Hey,
I would like to ask you if you would like to consider carefully to make the following possible also for the following reasons.

As you know, most people here are the managers of a forum.
Administrators / owners of the forum also have a certain degree of responsibility over the message traffic that is reported in private chat. For example, when an annoying man of all sorts of ladies is sitting / organizing or is seduced by the chat in an annoying manner where complaints come about, the management must be able to intervene and read easily. This is now not possible in either case, there will first have to be searched via the database for the messages via other login channels phpmyadmin etc, this is not convenient and certainly not pleasant.
We would like to ask you if you want to 'rethink' again to build in this easy-looking module to make this part easier. There have been discussions about this before and polls about which the poll also gave results in the positive side.
It would be very nice if the team wants to reinvigorate itself about this sittuation.
I also hope that many fellow forum visitors here, behind this story can stand ..
Greets,
Ej.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Ej,

I understand that this is a very useful feature for admins. As far as I remember, only ~70% of users have voted for this feature. 30% was against this. We'd consider to add it if the number of against votes were 1-2%. This is a GDPR epoch and we should make private content as private as possible.

wpForo Private Messages addon allows users to Block contacts and Report spam messages to admin. Once message is reported, admins and moderators will be notified. Thus user decides when he/she want admins/mods to input.