Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Building an Addon to add a very common feature?

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hi

I have just set up my forum and I chose WPForo to build it. Unfortunately, I didn't do due diligence in evaluating WPForo before I installed it and now I have a forum whose members are screaming for a very common forum feature that WPForo oddly does not have - a Post Preview Button.

It is entirely my fault for missing this during my evaluation, I guess since every forum I have ever been a member of has this feature I had just assumed that WPForo would naturally have it too. Obviously, I was mistaken!

I have already invested both time and money (I have purchased a few Addons) in WPForo so I don't really want to migrate my brand-new forum to another platform.  And, aside from the missing preview button and the strange "advanced attachments" addon, I really like the WPForo product.

I have looked through this forum and I can see that there are at least 4 other threads with users asking for this feature. In several of them, the response from the Admin was that the suggestion would be "taken into consideration", but I haven't seen any follow-up on this.

Since I REALLY need this function I am willing to pay for it, so I am considering coding one myself or just hiring a coder to do it for me as I'm pretty busy.  And I would think that the best way to add this feature would be to create a WPForo addon.

Is there any documentation for developing addons. or will I need to reverse-engineer the product? Or is there any other member out there who has experience building WPForo addons who can share some tips or who might even be willing to build the addon for a fee?

I'm not sure what my budget is but my users have volunteered to take up a collection to fund this.  And I would like to do it as soon as possible, my forum is new and I don't want to lose members because of this.

Thank You!

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @dronebot-workshop,

You should not pay for this feature. This is already on top of our to-do list and will be available with next version release. It may take a few weeks to be released but it'll be included in next wpForo version for sure.

Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hi Robert

That is indeed wonderful news, thank you.

I will look forward to the next version and will inform my forum members about this.

Thank you

Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hi Robert

I was wondering if there was a target date for the new release with the Post Preview feature yet? 

Thank You