Clear all

[Closed] How to take out the Avatar Image

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@freddy)

Hi, 

I would like to know how I could take out the Avatar Image on my website. I have already clicked in the user section on "Hide my Gravatar profile. This will prevent your Gravatar profile and photo from appearing on any site. It may take some time for the changes to take effect. Gravatar profiles can be deleted at Gravatar.com." But it does not dissappear from the website. I also tried to substitute the standard image by another image and it did not work neither. 

Do you have any suggestion how I could take it out? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Best regards

Freddy

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @freddy,

If you want to hide avatars, go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and Disable "Enable Avatars" option.

Topic starter
(@freddy)

Dear Chris, 

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I very appreciate it! 

But on my dashboard does not appear the menu item "Forums". May it be that I have another Wordpress version or because of the installation of another theme I need to do the modification somewhere else? 

Thank you so much again!

Best regards

Freddy

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@freddy,

Try Deactivating wpForo from your plugins and activate it again,

Please NOTE: Do Not Press Uninstall, it will remove all wpForo content from your website.

Topic starter
(@freddy)

Dear Chris, 

Thank you very much. I have done this and I could now find the menu "Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and Disable "Enable Avatars" option"

I disabled the avatar option. But the avatar still appears on my posts on the blog of the website. I read somewhere else that it might be an issue with the theme that I have installed. 

Thank you very much in advance for letting me know in case you have another idea how I could solve this. 

Best regards

Freddy

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@freddy,

Check this post, this should help you: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-disable-gravatars-in-wordpress/#:~:text=First%20thing%20you%20need%20to,button%20to%20store%20your%20settings.

Topic starter
(@freddy)

Dear Chris, 

Thank you very much for this article. I have already tried this as well, but in my settings - discussion area does not appear the avatar section.
Thank you very much again!!
Best regards
Frederik

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@freddy,

Please check again, that avatar section is WordPress Default, it cannot just disappear from there.