Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] auto populate display name from entry of firstname and lastname on same form

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kenfern)
Eminent Member

Hello I'm using the custom fields addon and I have added 1. FirstName, 2. LastName, 3. Username, 4. Display Name and 5. Nick Name fields in that order on the registration form. I want when someone type FirstName and LastName in, for whatever they put in those fields, to automatically populate in Display Name field i.e. FirtName Lastname. They could then just keep that or type over it with whatever they want. Anyone know how to accomplish this? 

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @kenfern,

gVectors Support Team will help you with that, also your question is related to wpForo User Custom Fields Addon, in wpForo Support Community we support wpForo plugin not the add-ons.

3 Replies
(@kenfern)

Eminent Member

@chris I did ask the same question over on the gvectors paid support forum and they indicated that UCF addon doesn't have this functionality but I was wondering if anyone in the community had any tips on how to do this in general with any form. Perhaps java script/code snippet on top or the likes?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@kenfern,

I guess there had been misunderstanding, the UCF addon has that function but it doesn't work on your forum.

(@kenfern)

Eminent Member

UCF addon has the functionality to be able to add the firstname, lastname, displayname, and nickname field to the registration form and for that information to then show up thereafter under account (although this is indeed not working for me but we are working through that) but what I'm looking for here is when someone is on the the registration form, for ease of use, when someone inputs the first name and last name fields, again on the same registration form, for it to auto populate the displayname field on that same form with firstname lastname. The user then can skip populating the displayname field on the form and take what was auto populated from firstname and lastname fields or overwrite it with whatever they want for display name.

On registration form:

1. User populates firstname and lastname field.

2. The Display Name field is auto populated with whatever they put in step 1. 

I do not believe UCF addon has that particular functionality natively? I believe I would need to add some type of script/code snipped on top to be able to do this?