Clear all

[Closed] Integrate

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@totaldron)
Eminent Member

Can we integrate wpforo with buddypress? instead to use buddypress forum or bbpress integrated with it.

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi totaldron,

I'm not sure if I followed you, but  wpForo is already integrated with BuddyPress:
1. It detects BuddyPress Installation and adds "Site Profile Tab" on forum member profile page.
Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/9HIBxznoY

2. You can change Forum Login/Register/LostPass URLs to BuddyPress pages using wpForo Settings > Members > Custom Authorization URLs option.
Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/2eLebDv7

3. wpForo automatically shows BuddyPress avatars and username in forums, topics, posts and on profile page

This is all at the moment.

1 Reply
(@totaldron)

Eminent Member

Great that is good info, I'm new with buddypress and I have seen some plugins that says: integration with press family, so I was wonder about wpforo integration with buddypress. thanks for info

Teratoma
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

Having a "forum profile" and a "site profile" is kind of redundant. The option to bypass the wpForo profile with all member names/avatars linking directly to the buddypress profiles would be better in my opinion.

Ideally, a users forum activity would show up in their buddypress stream.

I believe I had this set up with bbPress, though it may have been aided by another plugin.

Eventually I can see the wpForo profiles being made into something that will work for most users without needing buddypress at all.

Topic starter
(@totaldron)
Eminent Member

Teratoma, BuddyPress is a social network plugin, bb press or wp Foro are forum plugins, buddypress has forum too, but everyone says is not good, so we need a real forum plugin to integrate it all together, users register with only one profile that can be used for comments, forum, buddypress etc.  

Cheers

Teratoma
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

Totaldron, obviously I'm aware of what these packages are. My post was directed at the developers, in support of your original post.

In my opinion, being able to choose a single profile template - be it wpForo's OR buddypress's - as opposed to having both with one linking to the other, would be less redundant. Along with including forum activity on BP profiles, this would represent better 'integration' between the two.

OR: with a couple of simple items added to wpForo's profile template, wpForo would become enough of a 'social network plugin' by itself. I intend to get rid of buddypress altogether once I figure out a way to tweak wpForo's profile features.

Page 1 / 2