[Solved] Moderation stopped working
All of the sudden out moderation stopped working.
We used to have it setup where new users had to do 5 posts that where held for moderation. Then we changed the user groups and selected Front - Can pass moderation. Later we took the checkmark out of Font-Can pass moderation.
Now nothing is being moderated.... it's all just getting auto-approved.
Any other trouble shooting we can do here?
Please check the following steps:
1. Make sure the new registered user gets correct user role and usergroup. The default user role is set in WordPress Settings > General admin page, and the default usergroup is set in wpForo > Usergroups admin page.
2. Edit the default usergroup in wpForo > Usergroups admin page and DISABLE "Front - Can pass moderation" permission. It should be unchecked.
3. Go to wpForo > Settings > Spam Protection Tab and update the following options:
- Enable wpForo Spam Control: Yes
- Ban user when spam is suspected: No
- Spam Suspicion Level for Topics: 47
- Spam Suspicion Level for Posts: 56
- User is New (under hard spam control) during first [X] posts: 5
- Posts must be manually approved: Yes
- Min number of posts to be able to edit profile information: 3
4. Go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and click the [Delete Users Cache] button.
I wish I could tell you that worked... but it didn't.
I've spent about 2 hours now trying it over and over. I even turned off the sync and double and triple checked the settings.
I think moderation is broken on our site or in your plugin right now?
Is it working for others?
Yes see SuperNeelio's screenshot we have all the settings as you say. Moderation does not work. I think we have now spent about 4 hours on this.
Is there anything else that affects if Moderation works.
One thing you guys might want to consider is separating the Spam Feature with the moderation feature as I see them as completely different things.
Just make a feature that says "Moderate All Posts", Moderate certain users posts"
Just a suggestion.
We really need to get this feature working but we can't give anyone outside admin access to our system so any other suggestions would be helpful