[Closed] No tag in sitemap

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mithun)
Eminent Member

Hello there!

When I view sitemap there is no tag listed. It is important to add tags sitemap to rank on SEO. Is there any option to tag listing?

Topic Tags
4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Site maps should be simple, just the navigational structure and related links should be included.

Site maps with tags and other non navigational data may be ignored, or even worse punished by search engines.

Topic starter
(@mithun)
Eminent Member

So, what is the purposes of tags?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

https://www.ricemedia.co.uk/blog/sitemap-optimisation-guide/

4.5. Remove the bloat

The next step is to remove any links that are not important for search engines to see within the sitemap. Not every URL needs to be included in your sitemap, only the important ones. Bear in mind that pages or sections not included in the sitemap but are linked internally will still be crawled.

Any sections that are largely duplicate content (i.e no unique text or optimisation) such as blog tags, blog author URLs and product filter URLs should generally be removed from the sitemap. With dynamic sitemaps, especially on WordPress, you may also see that child sitemaps have been generated for pages you would not expect to see, like slider sections and reviews. You should definitely remove these.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@mithun,

I think you mean Topic tags, not HTML tags. We've not included topic tags in the sitemap. The tags are only for grouping topics and for helping people find their preferred topics easier and faster.